It’s that time again! Time for spooky ghosts, and tales of the dead – and monsters that lurk in the dark!
For this blog, I was tagged by @holliemarie213 on Twitter to participate in a little Q & A for some Halloween fun. Hope you enjoy!
Now let’s get started!
1. Are you a scaredy cat or a horror aficionado?
When I was much younger, I once sketched a monster. In the middle of the night I went to drink some water and, as soon as I switched the light on, I jumped at my own drawing! The same night I imagined it rising from under my bed. It actually materialized in front of me. I had to fold the drawing and stow it away to avoid further trauma. So, I would say yes, there are things that scare me.
2. Would you ever consider writing a horror novel?
I would. In fact, I like to sprinkle some horror on top of everything I write.
3. What is your favorite bookish costume you’ve ever worn?
Gandalf the White.
4. What is the best bookish costume you’ve seen someone else wear
5. What literary villain is your favorite?
Esfandiaar. He is a character in the Book of Kings by the Persian epic poet Ferdowsi. Esfandiaar is such a complex character that during the final encounter with Rostam (the hero of the particular story in the epic), you are unsure what side to take. You want Rostam to win, but at the same time, don’t want Esfandiaar to die.
6. Will you be visiting a haunted house this year?
I wanted to visit the one in Europa Park, Germany, but the tickets are sold out too damn quick!
7. Would you rather go to a Halloween party or go Trick-or-Treating?
Halloween party. I used to like trick-or-treating when I was young, about the same time I drew that monster—part of the reason, I guess. But I prefer the party nowadays.
8. What’s the best Halloween song?
Flash of the Blade by Iron Maiden… I think.
9. What scares you the most about the writing process?
Having others read my writing!
10. Monster Mash – If you had to say your antagonist was a mix of two traditional monsters what would those be?
Dragon and mermaid.
11. Would your MC be more scared of being left alone in a dark forest or an abandoned castle?
Generally she does not feel fear when she has to. But I would say the Dark Forest (that’s actually a thing in my book), would be eerier to her.
12. Does anyone in your WIP believe in ghosts?
There is a different belief system there. Ghosts are not a thing. The religious believe in spirits in an abstract form.
13. What character would last the longest in a scary movie?
Panthea is so reckless she’d be the first to die. I would say Artenus (the antagonist) is the survivor. Her actions are all overly calculated.
14. Good witch or bad witch – do you enjoy torturing the characters in your WIP or do you feel bad about it?
I like torturing characters. And I don’t play fair.
15. Pick a love interest from your WIP: would they be most likely to scream like a little kid or punch someone in the face if they were scared abruptly?
I won’t say their name. But… I really see them doing the latter.